You Have Questions, We Have Answers
Wise Animal Rescue (WISE) is a foster-based organization and we do not have a location you can visit. All of our available pets can be found on our website under “Adoptable Pets.”
WISE only adopts to permanent residents of New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania. Applicants who live outside of this area are asked to visit their local rescues and shelters as there are many great pets available in your area.
We reserve the right to change or restrict our adoption radius at any time. If you do not live within our adoption area, your application will not be considered.
- Check out the available pets on our website—complete with bios and pictures
- Fill out an online adoption application for a pet that interests you
- WISE will not process any application that is not filled out entirely
- Have a 30 or so minute interview with our Adoption Coordinator to learn more about the pet and see if he or she would be a good match for you and your family
- Go through the reference and veterinary check where your friends, family, and vet (if you have one) are called to make sure you are able and ready to take care of a pet and, if you have had a pet in the past, that that pet was taken care of
- The best part—the meet and greet! Once approved, you will be invited to come meet the dog you’ve applied for. Your entire family, including any pets, must be present
- If the meet and greet goes well, you will be able to adopt the pet and will have a home check to ensure your home is safe for the new incoming family member
Adoption donations range from about $300-$600 which helps defray the cost of veterinary and foster care and are tax deductible. They are not negotiable.
WISE is a non-profit, foster-based rescue in New Jersey dedicated to rescuing animals of all ages and breeds from places where they are no longer wanted or are not being properly cared for. WISE is entirely volunteer-run and all of the donations made go directly back to the animals in our care.
By partnering with veterinary practices that support our work, we are able to save animals’ lives and restore them back to health. While some animals only need standard care, others require more extensive veterinary or behavioral care. As a non-profit organization, we rely entirely on donations to continue rescuing animals. Your adoption donation will help us save the next animal from a life of neglect and mistreatment.
After carefully evaluating the behavior of each of our pets, WISE decides what the ideal home looks like for him or her. These restrictions ensure that our pets end up in homes that will provide them with the care and environment they need to thrive. In some instances, these restrictions are for the safety of the people and animals in your home.
These restrictions are not negotiable. Please read each pets’ biography on our website thoroughly before applying to ensure you are applying for a pet who is a good match for you.
Your friends, family, and vet (if you have one) are called to make sure you are able and ready to take care of a pet and, if you have had a pet in the past, that that pet was taken care of. All current and past pets must be/have been up-to-date on vaccinations and spayed or neutered. Personal references provide us with a better picture of your home and family life to ensure the pet you applied for is a fit.
We will not consider any applications that do not provide at least 2 references and a vet reference, if you have had a pet previously.